CarbonCare InnoLab (CCIL)is an independent non-government organisation registered as a charitable body in Hong Kong. It is hereafter referred to as “CCIL”.
CCIL would comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance issued by the HKSAR Government and your personal data will be properly handled and stored by us in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Here are some examples of the types of personal information CCIL may collect and how we may use it.
What Personal Information we Collect and Why
- When you create a CCIL ID, enroll as a member, register or pay for a programme or an event, or make a donation at CCIL website, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, gender, date of birth, mailing address, phone number(s), email address, fax number and credit card information. Your business information, including organization or company name, work position and associated contact information may also be collected in the same processes. CCIL will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant service, for credit verification or for anti-fraud purposes.
- When you share your content with work colleagues and friends, invite or nominate others to participate in CCIL programmes, projects or events, CCIL may collect the information you provide about those people such as their name, gender, mailing address, email address and phone number(s). CCIL will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant service or for anti-fraud purposes.
How we use your Personal Information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on CCIL’s latest programme or project announcements, updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime free of charge by updating your preferences.
- We may use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, improve and promote our programmes, projects, events and services.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of CCIL ID account holders.
- We may use personal information for internal purposes such as evaluation, data analysis and research to improve CCIL’s programmes, projects, events, services and member communications.
- If you enter into an award contest, a competition or a similar promotion, we may use your personal information to administer those programmes.
- From time to time, we may also use your personal information to send you important notices, such as those about changes to our policies, membership terms and conditions.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
CCIL also collects data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
We may collect and store information of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services.
Disclosure to Third Parties
CCIL will only use personal information to provide, improve or promote our affiliated programmes and services. We will not share such information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Protection of Personal Information
CCIL takes the security of your personal information seriously and your personal data is stored by CCIL.
When you use CCIL services or applications, or post on CCIL forum, chat room or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances.
Retention and Integrity of Personal Information
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to all CCIL employees and those of our affiliates, and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the organisation.
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by informing us of any changes. For other personal information we retain, we will provide you with access to request that we correct or delete the data. We may however decline to process requests that are frivolous, vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.